Elegant and creamy, this fruit dessert comes together in a snap.
You can make it ahead and refrigerate it, or assemble it while the coffee perks.
- 12 plain ladyfingers
- 1 12.3-oz. pkg. silken soft tofu
- 1/2 12.3-oz. pkg. silken firm tofu
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 1 3-oz. pkg. dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Line bottom of 3-qt. bowl with ladyfingers; set aside.
Put all tofu into food processor or blender, and purée until smooth (or beat with electric mixer until smooth). Add extracts and confectioners’ sugar, and blend well. Transfer to large bowl, and gently stir in berries.
Pour mixture over ladyfingers, and top with dried cherries. If making ahead, chill. Before serving, garnish with almonds.
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 100 mg
- Sugar Content: 27 g