Summer Fruit ?Cream? with Ladyfingers
Elegant and creamy, this fruit dessert comes together in a snap. You can make it ahead and refrigerate it, or assemble it while the coffee perks.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Elegant and creamy, this fruit dessert comes together in a snap.
You can make it ahead and refrigerate it, or assemble it while the coffee perks.
- 12 plain ladyfingers
- 1 12.3-oz. pkg. silken soft tofu
- 1/2 12.3-oz. pkg. silken firm tofu
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 1 3-oz. pkg. dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Line bottom of 3-qt. bowl with ladyfingers; set aside.
Put all tofu into food processor or blender, and purée until smooth (or beat with electric mixer until smooth). Add extracts and confectioners’ sugar, and blend well. Transfer to large bowl, and gently stir in berries.
Pour mixture over ladyfingers, and top with dried cherries. If making ahead, chill. Before serving, garnish with almonds.
- Calories 290
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g