Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Find rice paper wrappers (bahn trang) in ethnic grocery stores or in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets. Recipe from Marcey Brownstein, Marcey Brownstein Catering & Events, New York.
1. To make Miso Sauce: Purée all ingredients in food processor. Chill.
2. To make Summer Rolls: Combine carrots, cucumber, cilantro, mint, and green onions in bowl.
3. Dip 1 wrapper in warm water 30 seconds, or until soft. Place on towel and blot excess water with paper towels. Spoon 2 Tbs. vegetables on bottom third of wrapper. Roll, fold in sides, and continue rolling like a burrito. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Cover, and chill up to 2 hours.
4. Slice each roll in half diagonally. Serve on platter with Miso Sauce.
- Calories 52
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 81 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g