30 minutes or fewer
Give a simple salad spectacular flavor by adding fresh herbs to a homemade dressing. Vinaigrettes keep indefinitely in the fridge, so feel free to double or triple the recipe below.
- 2 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbs. fresh chopped herbs, such as tarragon, oregano, dill, cilantro, sage, basil
- 2 tsp. chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 cups arugula, washed and stemmed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
To make Herb Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make Salad: Combine arugula, corn, tomatoes and onion in large serving bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with cheese shavings, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 244 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g