“This recipe is quick and easy, relies on simple ingredients, and produces consistent results,” notes blogger Dynise Balcavage.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1 1/2 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
1. Drain squash in colander 30 minutes. Squeeze out liquid.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Stir together squash, sugar, soy flour, canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Add spelt flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir until just combined. Fold in raisins and nuts, if using.
4. Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full with batter. Bake 18 to 24 minutes, or until tops are golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool.
- Serving Size: muffin
- Calories: 224
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 337 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g