Raw squash makes a fabulous salad ingredient. Serve this seasonal mixture in small glass bowls or dessert cups to showcase the rich colors of the squash, tomatoes, and greens.
- 5 Tbs. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 10 oz. small yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small yellow crookneck squash, diced
- 2 small avocados, diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, green parts only
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas or toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sprouts, microgreens, or baby greens
1 | To make Dressing: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2 | To make Salad: Toss all ingredients with Dressing. Divide mixture among eight small bowls or dessert glasses.
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g