- Prep Time
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise (1 ¾ cups)
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash (1 medium squash)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
1. Set oven rack in top third of oven; preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and season with salt, if desired. Cook 4 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, and cook 6 minutes, or until browned in places. Increase heat to medium-high, and add zucchini, squash, and remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in medium bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour eggs into pan, and cook frittata 2 minutes, shifting vegetables around so that egg coats bottom of pan. Sprinkle with thyme leaves, then bake frittata 7 to 8 minutes, or until eggs are no longer runny and begin to slightly pull away from sides of skillet. Cool 2 minutes before serving. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 116
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 140 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 56 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g