Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Freezing tofu the night (or up to one month) before you cook it gives it a firmer, chewier texture that’s less likely to fall apart on the grill. Feel free to experiment with different grilled summer veggies when building these stacks.
1. Cut tofu into 4 slabs, and set aside.
To make Gremolata:
2. Pulse parsley, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and lemon zest in blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To make Summer Vegetable Stacks:
3. Heat grill or grill topper to high heat, and coat with vegetable oil. Brush tofu, eggplant, and squash with olive oil.
4. Place eggplant on grill, and cook 2 minutes. Add tofu and yellow squash, and cook 2 minutes more. Turn eggplant, tofu, and squash 45 degrees after 2 minutes for crosshatch grill marks. Flip, and cook 2 minutes on opposite side; turn 45 degrees, and cook 2 minutes more. Baste eggplant, tofu, and squash with ı/4-cup Gremolata while grilling.
5. Set 1 tofu slice on each plate, and stack eggplant and squash slices on top, alternating colors. Drizzle with remaining Gremolata.
- Calories 268
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 12 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g