Easy-to-assemble vegetable kebabs are paired with a lightly sautéed corn relish for a dish that can be served either as an appetizer or as an entrée when placed atop couscous or another quick-cooking grain. To ensure even cooking, make sure all the vegetables are about the same size.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow tomato, diced (2/3 cup)
- 1 large ear corn, kernels removed (1 1/3 cups kernels)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. dry mustard powder, divided
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, halved, seeded, and cut into 12 square pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 12 chunks
- 12 whole cremini mushrooms
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes
Coat grill grate or grill pan with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat.
To make Corn Relish:
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add tomato, cover, and cook 4 minutes, or until tomato is breaking down. Add corn kernels, and cook 2 minutes, or until corn is tender. Stir in vinegar and mustard powder, and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Mix in basil; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To make Kebabs:
whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard powder in small bowl. 4. Thread each of 12 skewers with 1 bell pepper square, 1 zucchini slice, 1 red onion chunk, 1 mushroom, and 1 tomato. Place skewers on large platter, and brush with vinaigrette mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. 5. Grill skewers 6 to 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and browned on all sides. Serve with Corn Relish.
- Calories: 247
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 30 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g