A variation on a traditional Scots Highland flummery, this lighter version uses half cream, half Greek yogurt instead of 100 percent heavy cream, as well as seasonal strawberries.
- 1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz.)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-thick rolled oats, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 11/4 lb. fresh strawberries, quartered, plus more whole strawberries, for garnish (3¾ cups)
1 | Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add almonds, brown sugar, and oats; stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar melts. Transfer to cold plate, and set aside to cool and harden.
2 | Whip cream with electric mixer 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Fold in yogurt.
3 | When almond mixture is firm, crumble into small pieces. Reserve a few pieces for garnish, and stir remainder into cream mixture along with quartered strawberries.
4 | Divide flummery among serving dishes, and garnish with reserved whole strawberries and almond crumbles.
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 48 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 19 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g