Sun-dried tomatoes have such a rich, robust flavor that this sauce needs no cheese to taste decadent.
- 3 oz. dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 | Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let soak 5 minutes, then drain, and discard liquid. Cool.
2 | Place tomatoes, basil, and garlic in food processor, and process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in steady stream, and process until smooth. Season with salt (if using) and pepper.
- Calories: 75
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 14 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g