30 minutes or fewer
This perky light luncheon salad will definitely inspire thoughts of warm weather, even if you face a March snowstorm. For added crunch, sprinkle on some garlic-flavored croutons. Serve the salad with toasted corn bread slathered with strawberry jam. For dessert, offer lemon squares.
Lemon Juice Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1 yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds, optional
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed, optional
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- 3 cups mesclun, well rinsed
To make Lemon Juice Dressing: Combine all ingredients, and set aside.
To make Sunny Salad: Put all ingredients into a large serving bowl, and toss with Lemon Juice Dressing. Serve.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 140 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g