Seasoned rice, spinach, smoked tofu, and fresh pineapple are steamed en papillote to allow the flavors to meld.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach
- 21/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 6-oz. pkg. baked smoked tofu, diced
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tsp. sweet chile sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 15-inch lengths of parchment paper, and fold each in half. Set aside.
2. Cook rice and spinach separately according to package directions. Transfer rice to bowl, and stir in 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil and sesame seeds. Drain spinach, squeeze out liquid, and stir in soy sauce.
3. Open folded parchment sheets like a book, and arrange 1/2 cup rice to one side of crease on each sheet. Top rice with 1/4 cup tofu, 1/4 cup spinach, and 1/4 cup pineapple. Drizzle with 1/4 tsp. sesame oil and 1/2 tsp. chile sauce. Fold parchment over food so edges meet, then crimp and seal edges with small overlapping diagonal fold.
4. Transfer packets to large baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 261 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g