The triad of jalapeño, ginger and lime juice give this dish backbone and personality.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, seeded and quartered, to taste
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, unpeeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubes
- 4 kiwis, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups trimmed and halved strawberries
- 3 cups unpeeled, diced English cucumber
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
To make Honey-Lime Dressing: Starting at least one hour before serving, combine honey, water, jalapeños and ginger in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature and chill completely. Strain jalapeño and ginger from syrup.
To make Salad: Layer fruit in 2 1/2-quart straight-sided glass dish, starting with pineapple and continuing with kiwis, strawberries, cucumber and mangoes. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
To serve, add lime juice to dressing, and whisk until well blended. Drizzle dressing over salad, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 5 mg
- Sugar Content: 29 g