Dollop this condiment on top of spicy dishes to tame their heat.
- 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 4 medium carrots, grated (4 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider or rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom, optional
1. Bring carrots, ginger, garlic, and 11/2 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 45 minutes.
2. Stir in sugar, vinegar, and cardamom, if using. Simmer 45 minutes more, or until chutney has thickened. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cool.
- Calories: 102
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 148 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g