Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Serve this colorful soup as a refreshing appetizer or a light dessert. If you’re not up to pitting all those fresh cherries, simply use frozen ones to make the soup, then garnish with a few fresh ones.
1. Bring 4 cups cherries, cherry juice, port, sugar, cinnamon stick and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick, and purée until smooth in blender or food processor, or with immersion blender.
2. Whisk cornstarch with 1/2 cup soup in small bowl. Return mixture to soup, and whisk to combine. Chill 3 hours, or overnight.
3. Coarsely chop remaining pitted cherries. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with chopped cherries, garnish each bowl with 1 whole cherry, and serve.
- Calories 118
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 2 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g