Golden corn and cooked shallots provide a subtle sweetness.
- Olive Oil
- Large Shallots, thinly sliced
- fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels
- baby spinach leave
- soft goat cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1⁄4 cup cooking water.
2 While pasta is cooking, heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots, season with salt, if desired, and cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned in places, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until shallots are very soft. Add corn kernels and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 2 minutes. Add spinach and 1⁄4 cup reserved pasta-cooking water, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Serve over pasta, and dot with goat cheese.
- Serving Size: per 3/4-cup serving
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 193 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g