Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
In Thailand, ice cream makers play up the sweet side of corn to make this street-food favorite.
1. Purée 2 cups corn, 1/2 cup cashews, and 1 cup water in food processor until smooth. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining corn, cashews, and additional 1 cup water. Strain corn purée through-meshed sieve into bowl. Discard solids.
2. Whisk together agave syrup, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract, and salt; whisk mixture into strained corn purée.
3. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Calories 215
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 304 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g