Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cornmeal and blueberries are a match made in heaven. For assembling ease, make the crêpes ahead of time, wrap in aluminum foil, and keep warm in the oven.
1. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, lemon zest, and salt in bowl. Whisk in eggs; mixture will be shaggy. Whisk in milk ½ cup at a time until batter is smooth. Whisk in vanilla. Cover, and chill 30 minutes, or overnight.
2. Place blueberries in bowl. Bring jam and 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Simmer 1 minute. Cool 5 minutes, then fold jam into berries.
3. Preheat oven to 200°F, if serving right away. Whisk ¼ cup water into batter to thin. Lightly grease 9-inch nonstick skillet with canola oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Pour ¼ cup batter into hot skillet, lifting and turning pan to swirl batter so that it coats bottom of pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until edges begin to brown and center is dry. Flip, and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute more. Transfer crêpe to plate, and place in warm oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. To serve: Place 1 crêpe on plate, and fill with 2 Tbs. filling. Fold sides of crêpe over filling. Repeat with second crêpe and filling. Drizzle 2 Tbs. filling over both crêpes.
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 56 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 161 mg
- Sugar Content 31 g