Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
Fennel and celery balance the richness of sweet potatoes in this dish, which is best served immediately as the sweet potato pieces may lose their shape if reheated.
1. Combine sweet potatoes, fennel, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in 3.5-qt. tagine or Dutch oven. Stir in oil and ras el hanout, and season with salt, if desired. Pour in broth.
2. Place in cold oven, adjust heat to 300°F, and cook 2 1/2 hours, or until vegetables are cooked through, stirring every 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Transfer to wide and shallow serving dish if using Dutch oven. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and mint.
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 493 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g