Quick-cooking sliced sweet potatoes are tossed with mushrooms, Swiss chard, and herbs for a mixture that’s great on its own or can be served over grains.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (1 lb.)
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard leaves or watercress
- 1 small red onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried mint, optional
- 4 Tbs. crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 4 Tbs. raisins
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 15-inch lengths of parchment paper, and fold each in half. Set aside.
2. Toss sweet potatoes with mushrooms, chard, onion, oil, garlic, oregano, and mint (if using) in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Open folded parchment sheets like a book, and arrange 1 cup sweet potato mixture to one side of crease on each sheet. Top each serving with 1 Tbs. feta, 1 Tbs. raisins, and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice. Fold parchment over food so edges meet, then crimp and seal edges with small overlapping diagonal folds. To do this, fold 15-inch length of parchment paper in half, then open like a book, and place food to one side of crease. Fold empty side over food so ends meet. Crimp and seal matched edges with small overlapping diagonal folds.
4. Transfer packets to large baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 385 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g