A colorful fall dish, this mixture has a sweet accent from the dried fruit. It makes a perfect brunch or casual supper dish. Add a tart green salad as an accompaniment, and conclude with a light citrus sorbet.
- 2 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 oz. crumbled soy "sausage"
- 1 cup egg substitute, beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cherries or dried cranberries
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté potatoes about 5 minutes. Add onion and green pepper, and sauté about 7 minutes more. Remove vegetables from skillet.
Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-low heat; add crumbled “sausage” and brown, about 3 minutes. Return vegetables to pan, and stir in egg substitute, dried fruit, salt and pepper. Cook until egg substitute firms, and serve hot.
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 380 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g