This fork-and-knife quesadilla is great topped with salsa and guacamole.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 3 cups grated sweet potatoes
- 1 small jalapeno chile, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and season with salt, if desired. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, jalapeño, cumin, and oregano; cover, and cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in corn, and cook 1 minute, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Spread 1/2 cup filling on one-half of each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges. Fold tortillas to enclose filling. (If a tortilla’s edges don’t stick together, brush some oil along bottom inside edge.)
3. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Cook quesadillas in skillet 2 to 3 minutes, turning once.
- Calories: 355
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 503 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g