Tabbouleh with Mint and Pistachios
Traditional Middle Eastern tabbouleh is more about the mint and herbs than the bulgur grains. The longer this salad sets, the better it gets, so make it up to a day ahead.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/4 cup fine bulgur
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. honey
- 1 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup finely chopped curly parsley
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
1. Place bulgur in large bowl and add 1/3 cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and honey, and let stand 5 minutes more, or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff bulgur with fork, and stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 137
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 107 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g