Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Tahini, a Middle-Eastern sesame seed paste, adds protein and flavor to this meal of whole grains and roasted veggies.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. To make Broccoli: Toss together broccoli and oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on baking sheet, and roast 10 to 15 minutes, or until florets begin to brown, shaking pan occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, to make Bulgur: Combine broth, bulgur, raisins, and tomato paste in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
3. To make Tahini Sauce: Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in tahini and 1/3 cup water; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Toss hot Broccoli with Tahini Sauce in large bowl. Serve Broccoli over Bulgur.
- Calories 279
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 118 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g