Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Taleggio is a rich cheese that melts easily. In Italy, it’s often paired with salads of spicy greens or served with fresh grapes, which is why we put the combinations together in these open-faced sandwiches.
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and agave syrup in small bowl. Whisk in oil, stir in red onion, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. To make Tartines: Preheat broiler. Spread 3 Tbs. cheese on each piece of toast, and broil 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
3. Remove onion from Vinaigrette. Toss onion with watercress and grapes. Add 1 Tbs. Vinaigrette to salad, and toss to coat. Top each bread slice with 1¼ cups salad, and serve.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 442 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g