- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced uncooked potatoes
- 1 tsp. peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 16-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 16-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water or tomato juice
- 1/2 of 10-oz. box frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, potatoes and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add curry powder and cumin and cook 1 minute, stirring.
Add tomatoes and chickpeas; bring to a boil, stirring. Add water slowly and spinach.
Place cauliflower on top of stew. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender,. 10 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne.
- Calories: 161
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 359 mg