Apple cider vinegar's bright, crisp taste and more-than-a-hint-of-tart flavor work well in this salad.
- 11/2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 red apple, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. agave nectar or honey
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
1. Combine cider vinegar and garlic in small bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Stir together carrots, apple, green onions, parsley, and cranberries in large bowl.
3. Whisk agave nectar and oil into cider vinegar mixture. Add to carrot mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and chill 2 hours, or overnight. Serve salad on bed of spinach leaves.
- Calories: 103
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g