A bit of sour pickle gives this spread its lively flavor. Use a good-quality brand of New Yorkstyle deli pickles, such as Claussen's or Schorr's.
- 1/2 cup firm tofu (4 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- 2 tsp. tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, white and light green parts chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped refrigerated deli pickles
in medium bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in tahini, tamari and vinegar, then fold in remaining ingredients. Transfer to storage container and use within 3 or 4 days.
- Calories: 73
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 562 mg