In the Alsace region of France, more and more chefs are playing around with different toppings for this traditional, pizza-like dish.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 16-oz. pkg. prepared pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 2 5.2-oz. pkg. garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese, such as Boursin
- 3 cups thinly sliced shallots (6 large shallots)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils, or 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Dust work surface with flour. Roll 1 pizza dough to size of baking sheet. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and baking sheet.
3. Mix cheese with 2 Tbs. water in bowl until smooth. Spread half of cheese on each pizza dough crust. Sprinkle each with 11/2 cups sliced shallots and 3/4 cup lentils. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing each tarte into 12 pieces.
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 11 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 377 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g