Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
In the Alsace region of France, more and more chefs are playing around with different toppings for this traditional, pizza-like dish.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Dust work surface with flour. Roll 1 pizza dough to size of baking sheet. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and baking sheet.
3. Mix cheese with 2 Tbs. water in bowl until smooth. Spread half of cheese on each pizza dough crust. Sprinkle each with 11/2 cups sliced shallots and 3/4 cup lentils. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing each tarte into 12 pieces.
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 377 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g