The red bell pepper and onion add crunch.
California Taco Filling
- 1 15 1/2-oz. can navy or Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup low-fat grated Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
- 10 6- to 8-inch corn or flour tortillas
To make California Taco Filling: Put beans, red pepper and red onion into a saucepan, and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cheese, and season to taste.
To prepare Tortillas: Preheat a cast-iron skillet or griddle on stove over medium-high heat. Lay tortillas on skillet or griddle for about 10 seconds. Turn and warm other side. Remove from heat, and wrap in a napkin or dishcloth until ready to assemble tacos.
To assemble, set a tortilla on a plate, and spoon on some filling. Top as desired, roll up and eat.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 290 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g