Tea Sandwiches with Avocado and Radish
Slicing the ingredients extra-thin helps keep these sandwiches dainty…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Slicing the ingredients extra-thin helps keep these sandwiches dainty
- 1 sourdough baguette, sliced
- 1/3 cup low-fat vegan mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped (about 3 Tbs.)
Preheat oven to broil. Place baguette slices on baking sheet, and toast 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Whisk together mayonnaise, 1 Tbs. lemon zest and 2 tsp. lemon juice in small bowl.
Spread mayonnaise mixture over cooled baguette slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top each sandwich with radish slices and a basil leaf. Place 2 avocado slices on each sandwich. Sprinkle shallots over each, and serve.
- Calories 218
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 436 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g