This casual, hearty dish will become a fast favorite in your home.
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. tempeh, cubed
- 2/3 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 green onions, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
Fill large pot with 1 inch water, and set steamer basket in pot. Cover, and bring water to a boil. Place tempeh in basket. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and steam 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard and maple syrup in large bowl. Add hot tempeh to dressing, and toss to coat.
Steam potatoes in steamer basket 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Add potatoes to tempeh mixture, and toss to coat. Cool completely, tossing occasionally.
Add celery and onions to salad, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Calories: 344
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 15.5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 270 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g