Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Steam tempeh in steamer 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
2. Pulse tempeh in food processor until ground into rice-size pieces. Add tahini, agave, miso, and onion powder. Pulse several times until just combined. Transfer to bowl.
3. Place 1 nori sheet on sushi mat or work surface. Spread 2/3 cup tempeh mixture out to sides of sheet, stopping 11/2 inches from top edge. Press down mixture to flatten. Place 2 to 3 avocado wedges in center of mixture, and scatter 2 tsp. green onions on top. Roll sushi using a mat or by hand, and seal edge with soy sauce. Cut into 8 pieces with sharp knife. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Sprinkle sushi with sesame seeds and remaining green onions.
- Calories 319
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 216 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g