If you cant find canned tomatoes with chiles, add 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño pepper to diced tomatoes.
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 12 oz. mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. tempeh
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
To make Salsa: Toss beans, cucumber, cilantro, avocado and lime juice in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
To make Burritos: Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté 10 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano, and cook 3 minutes more.
Pulse mushrooms and tempeh in food processor until combined. Stir tomatoes and tempeh mixture into onion mixture, and cook 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup water, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Divide filling among tortillas. Roll into burritos, top with salsa, and serve.
- Calories: 367
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 593 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g