These balanced tacos offer mild heat and big flavor. Get all your serving ingredients on the table before putting together the tempeh filling—it cooks quickly.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 11/2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 8 oz. pkg. tempeh, cubed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 6-inch soft corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage, for garnish
- 2 cups prepared salsa, for garnish
1 | To make Sauce: Purée all ingredients and 1/4 cup water in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2 | To make Tacos: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tempeh, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in chili powder and cumin.
3 | Serve tempeh mixture with tortillas; garnish with cabbage, salsa, and Sauce.
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 437 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g