- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 bunch of tenderstem broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 200 g/7 oz. shiitake mushrooms
- handful of baby spinach leaves, washed and stems removed
- 2 tsp light soy sauce or tamari, as preferred, plus extra to serve
- 300 g/101/2 oz. firm tofu, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- ground white pepper
1. Put the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan/skillet and set over high heat.
2. Add the shallots, broccoli and mushrooms and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the broccoli turns a bright, emerald green. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Add the soy sauce and stir. Arrange the cubes of tofu over the vegetables so that they are evenly spaced. Preheat the grill/broiler to high.
3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and cook over high heat until the edges have puffed up.
4. Keep the omelet in the pan, place it under the preheated grill and cook until golden and firm on top.
5. Remove and let cool, then sprinkle with ground white pepper and drizzle with a little soy or tamari, if liked, to serve.