Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve these glistening skewers with Pineapple Fried Rice.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Thread each of 6 bamboo skewers with 3 cubes tofu, 2 cubes pineapple, and 2 pieces bell pepper, and place in baking dish.
2. Simmer soy sauce, mirin, oil, ginger, garlic, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes 3 minutes in skillet over medium heat.
3. Combine arrowroot and 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. cold water in bowl. Add to skillet, and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken. Pour sauce over kebabs, and bake 20 minutes, turning once to keep kebabs coated in sauce.
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 718 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g