Thai “Chicken” Pizza
Prepared vegan Chic'n Strips make short work of this delightfully spicy pizza that will become a family favorite.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/4 cup natural salt-free peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. San-J Reduced Sodium Tamari Sauce
- 1 Tbs. sambal oelek or other Asian chili paste
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. tamarind concentrate
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 1-lb. pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
- 4 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup diced Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Chik'n Strips
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small shallot, quartered and thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk together peanut butter, tamari, sambal oelek, sugar, tamarind concentrate, garlic, curry powder, oil, and ginger in small bowl.
2. Roll dough out to 12- x 17-inch rectangle on lightly floured work surface. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread peanut butter mixture over dough. Sprinkle with mushrooms, Chik’n Strips, bell pepper, and shallot.
3. Bake 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes, then sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 497 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g