This creamy, golden noodle dish is modeled after the Thai dish khao soi, which combines sweet, spicy, and sour flavors in one bowl.
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro stems, plus 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 2 Tbs. yellow or red Thai curry paste
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 15-oz. can light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 12-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 oz. dry fettuccine
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 6 lime wedges, for garnish
1. Heat oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots in oil 2 minutes. Add cilantro stems, curry paste, curry powder, and turmeric; cook 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, broth, and brown sugar, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes, then stir in tofu. Simmer 10 minutes.
2. Cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Add broccoli to pot for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, and add to tofu-curry mixture. Mix well, and serve with lime wedges and chopped cilantro.
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 138 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g