Thai Dumplings with Dipping Sauce
It's hard to believe these dumplings are vegetarian. These delicious steamed dumplings are filled with fresh veggies and are served with a savory dipping sauce.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. grated, peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 Tbs. chili paste
- 3 green onions (white and pale green parts), sliced
- 1 large zucchini, diced (4 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb. square won ton skins
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili paste
- 1 tsp. minced green onions
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and chili paste. Stir-fry 1 minute. Add green onions and cook 1 minute. Add zucchini and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool. Transfer mixture to food processor and coarsely chop.
- Dipping sauce: In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Line baking sheet with plastic wrap. Working on a clean, flat surface, place 1 tablespoon of filling in center of won ton wrapper. Brush corners with a little water, then gather sides of wrapper and pinch tops to resemble a pouch. Set dumpling on baking sheet. Repeat until filling is used up.
- Fill wok or base of tiered bamboo steamer about 1/3 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Lightly oil steamer and place dumplings inside so edges are not touching. Set steamer over boiling water, cover and cook dumplings until tender, 15 minutes. Transfer dumplings to a platter and serve right away with dipping sauce.
If you like these dumplings you may try serving them with our Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing or a Spicy Peanut Tofu Noodle Salad.
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 648 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g