Some Thai green curry pastes contain shrimp paste, so look for vegetarian versions in the Asian foods section of the supermarket. This recipe can be made in 30 minutes or less!
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. Thai green curry paste
- 1 14-oz. can low-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup whole basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. grated lime zest
- 1 15-oz. can sliced bamboo shoots, packed in water
- 3/4 lb. frozen precut green beans
- 1/2 lb. white round or other waxy potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Thai-flavored baked tofu, cut into strips
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add shallots and curry paste; stir-fry 1 minute.
Blend coconut milk with 1/4 cup basil and lime zest in blender or food processor; add mixture to pot. Add bamboo shoots with their water, green beans, potatoes, carrots and salt to taste. Stir, and cook uncovered 10 minutes.
Add tofu and soy sauce. Cook 5 minutes, until green beans are just tender.
Add remaining basil and serve.
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 494 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g