This paste is commonly used not only for curries but for many other Thai dishes as well. The paste will keep in the refrigerator up to three weeks.
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 small hot green chile pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and process to a coarse paste.
- Calories: 10
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg