Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This recipe calls for three Asian flavoring essentials: lemongrass, chile paste and jasmine rice.
1. Combine lemongrass, ginger and garlic in bowl, and set aside. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, cashews and 1 Tbs. tamari, and sauté 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
2. Add remaining oil to pot. Sauté green beans and rice in oil 2 minutes. Stir in all but 1 tsp. lemongrass mixture.
3. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in tempeh mixture, remaining lemongrass mixture, chile paste and remaining tamari. Cover, and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat, and let stand 3 minutes. Stir in basil, fluff with fork, and serve.
- Calories 384
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 567 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g