Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
Pressing and draining tofu before marinating it gives it a chewy texture that goes well with barbecue flavors.
1. Drain tofu between 2 cutting boards set on angle over sink, 1 hour. Cut into 16 cubes.
2. Purée lemongrass, shallot, and ginger to paste in food processor. Whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, and 2 Tbs. water in bowl. Transfer half of soy sauce mixture to bowl for dipping sauce. Add lemongrass mixture to remaining soy sauce mixture.
3. Toss together tofu, green onions, snap peas, and lemongrass–soy sauce mixture, and marinate 30 minutes.
4. Oil grill grates, and preheat grill to medium. Thread 4 tofu cubes, 5 green onions, and 5 snap peas onto each of 4 skewers. Place on grill, close hood, and cook 4 minutes. Turn, close hood, and cook 4 minutes more. Transfer to platter. Slide skewer ingredients off with lettuce; garnish with mint, peanuts, and sauce.
- Calories 281
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 603 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g