Homey peanut butter cookies get a hit of exotic flavor from Thai red curry paste and flaked coconut.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1–2 Tbs. Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
1. Whisk together flour and baking soda in large bowl.
2. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in separate bowl with electric mixer. Add eggs and curry paste, and beat 1 minute. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla, then flour mixture.
3. Shape dough into 3-inch-wide cylinder, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are crispy but cookies are still soft in the middle. Cool on baking sheets.
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 116 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g