You can make a triple batch of the dressing and keep it in the refrigerator in a glass jar. Shake well before using.
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbs. water
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 oz. snow peas, strings removed
- 1/2 lb. Chinese rice noodles
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) coleslaw
- 5 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
Dressing: In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Using slotted spoon, remove to colander. Rinse under cold water and drain. Add noodles to boiling water and cook according
to package directions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Pat snow peas dry with paper towels. Cut into thirds on diagonal.
In large serving bowl, combine noodles and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Add snow peas, 1/2 cup of dressing, coleslaw, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and onion. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Calories: 246
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 101 mg