30 minutes or fewerMeal Plan: For extra protein, serve strips of Asian-flavored baked marinated tofu alongside this salad.
- 4 oz. snow peas, strings removed
- 1/2 lb. Chinese noodles
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. coleslaw
- 5 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Dressing: In medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add snow peas and cook 1 minute. Using slotted spoon, remove to colander. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Add noodles to boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Pat snow peas dry. Cut into thirds on diagonal.
In large serving bowl, combine noodles and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Add snow peas, 1/3 cup dressing, coleslaw, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and onion and toss to mix. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Calories: 311
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 36 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 365 mg