Thai-Style Tofu and Noodles
30 minutes or fewer This flavor-charged dish may be served as a hot entrée or as a chilled main-course salad. Fruit and meringues complement the Thai seasonings. …
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
This flavor-charged dish may be served as a hot entrée or as a chilled main-course salad. Fruit and meringues complement the Thai seasonings.
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 4 oz. dried soba noodles
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 10.5-oz. pkg. Thai-seasoned baked tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup unseasoned soy nuts for garnish
Combine lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper and garlic in bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
Bring large pot of water to a boil, and cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry red pepper slices 5 minutes, and add tofu cubes. Stir-fry about 5 minutes, or until pepper slices soften and tofu begins to brown.
Combine noodles, tofu and red pepper in large bowl. Add mint, scallion and cilantro, and toss. Add lime juice mixture, and toss. Sprinkle with soy nuts, and serve.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 390 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g